Did you do really well on keto before but now you are not seeing the same results you had before?
Whether you have gone off your keto game and are trying it again, or you have stayed on the whole time, sometimes keto just isn’t working.
Has this happened to you?
These are some of the main reasons why this happens:
🔹 You were too long out of ketosis
If you were off keto for longer than a month or so, the odds are good you lost that ‘lovin’ feeling’ (body using fat as fuel). No more superpowers.
- In this case, you have to go back to keto basics. 70% fat, 25% protein, 5% carbs for 4 – 6 weeks.
- This will regulate ghrelin and leptin (the hunger hormones) and will switch your body from glucose burning, to fat burning.
🔹 You started fasting too early
- Fasting works SO much better when you’re fat adapted (see above).
- Once fat adapted, introduce intermittent fasting.
- Fasting before fat adaption encourages REBOUND eating!
🔹 You need to adjust your macros
This is for those who have been keto the WHOLE TIME (at least 4 months) but are not seeing the same results as in the beginning:
- Please take your measurements and don’t just go by the scale!
- If measurements are NOT budging… lower your fat % and increase your protein %. 10% at a time. Try that for 2 weeks before adjusting again.
- Weight train – Building muscle is the BEST thing you can do to increase your metabolism!
👉 Are you struggling to get back in keto? Or has this happened to you before? If so, what did you do? 👇
~ Intentionally Bare